The Director of IT Applications leads a high-performing team of technology professional to create, implement, and maintain an effective portfolio of applications and technology systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
• Implement enterprise application projects, directing requirements definition, development, validation and ongoing maintenance activities. Planning, developing, supervising, and implementing IT projects utilizing standardized processes and project methodology.
• Coordinates a close and productive relationship with all levels of clinical and business leadership, in pursuit of excellent utilization of the organization’s application portfolio
• Manages an applications roadmap, including existing lifecycle management, regulatory needs, and strategic projects
• Develop a practical and working knowledge of business and clinical processes; interact with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet strategic needs
• Responsible for the management and oversight of the operational and capital budget associated with the clinical and business application resources of the hospital as delegated by the CIO
• Identifies, researches, and proposes all projects relevant to business applications and IT projects, with appropriate business justifications. These include proposals to maintain or improve existing technology investments, to achieve new business objectives, to meet regulatory or legal requirements, or others
• Ensure a well-documented application environment including application portfolio and complete system documentation
• Provide guidance, leadership, and mentoring to a team of application support professionals. This includes creation of job descriptions, alignment of IT capacity to organizational demand, and development plans
• Manage outside vendors and contractors to ensure performance expectations, customer satisfaction, and compliance
• Establishes, monitors, and ensures compliance with system standards and applicable regulations
• Explores innovations and trends in technology for organizational applicability
• Oversees the application implementation, support, and ongoing management across departments
• Reports to Associate Chief Information Officer
• Oversight of 2-4 direct managers and 30 application support professionals